You currently viewing the 2010 - 2011 Academic Catalog. The current catalog is located here.

Academic Information

Classification of Students

Full-time: A student who is enrolled in 12 or more credit hours of course work; 9 hours for summer term (financial aid requirements are different for summer term).

Part-time: A student who is enrolled in fewer than 12 credit hours of course work; fewer than 9 hours summer term.

Special Credit: A student who is enrolled in credit courses, but who is not working toward a degree, diploma or certificate.

Audit: A student who is enrolled in regular course work, but who is not receiving credit for work undertaken.

Program of Study Information

Students admitted to a degree, diploma or certificate program must meet the requirements listed on the program of study for the academic year during which students were initially enrolled in the program. In general, students should work closely with their academic advisors to ensure they follow the sequence of courses listed on the program of study to meet all course prerequisites and to complete the program within three years of initial enrollment.

Prerequisites and Corequisites

Many program courses have prerequisites and corequisites that are listed in the course descriptions in this catalog. Before these courses may be taken, any prerequisite course must be completed, and corequisites must have been taken during a previous semester or be taken during the same semester. Bold-typed prerequisites and corequisites are requirements at the local community college level. If a prerequisite and/or corequisite are regular font type, they are state mandated requirements and cannot be waived. If the occasion arises in which a local prerequisite should be waived, both the appropriate department chairperson and dean must approve the waiver in writing. If a course affects more than one division, written approval may be necessary from more than one department chairperson and dean before the student registers for that course.

Course Attempts Rule (Course Repeat)

Students may not repeat a course either for credit or audit more than three times without permission of the appropriate dean. Grades of Withdrawal (W), Withdrawal Passing (WP), Withdrawal Failing (WF) or Audit (AU) will be considered as an attempt regarding this policy.

If students withdraw from or fail any course in their program of study, they must repeat the course; otherwise, they cannot receive a degree, diploma or certificate. Students are responsible for scheduling makeup courses required for graduation. Students may take a course at another college to meet graduation requirements as long as doing so does not violate the minimum number of semester hours that must be completed at Forsyth Tech. Students who fail one of the courses in the major subject area may be referred to the Student Success Center. The appropriate dean will make the final decision on students’ permission to enroll in a course after three attempts. A log will be maintained in each academic dean’s office documenting approval for each student attempting a course four or more times.

Course Substitutions

Course substitutions may be granted when deemed necessary for graduation or as a necessary accommodation to complete a degree as long as they are in compliance with state guidelines.

Core courses (this includes concentration courses) cannot be substituted. General education and other major hours courses may be substituted with comparable courses. The appropriate department chairperson and dean must approve the course substitution in writing.

Advanced Standing Credit

Students may be eligible for advanced standing when previous studies or training has provided them with the knowledge and skills required in a course. The student is responsible for contacting the appropriate academic dean or department chair for questions regarding specific knowledge and skills considered for advanced standing credit. Students should contact the Admissions Office, the Student Success Center, their academic advisor, or view the College’s Web site to receive information regarding the procedure for evaluation before registering for classes. With the exception of dually enrolled high school students, all students must be officially enrolled in a program of study in order to be eligible for advanced standing credit. Dual enrollment high school students may use articulated courses to meet College prerequisites. When appropriate, the student will be responsible for providing official documentation before credit is granted.

Forsyth Technical Community College may grant appropriate credit for courses on the basis of proficiency examinations including the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), the Advanced Placement Program (AP), the International Baccalaureate Program (IB), and through a comprehensive institutional examination for credit (credit-by-exam). The College may also award credit for courses based on industry, state, and national certifications or registry examinations, military training, and formal articulation agreements. Students who plan to transfer to another college or university are responsible for determining if the institution they plan to attend will accept advanced standing credits awarded by Forsyth Technical Community College. In all cases, students must take at least twenty-five percent of the program credits at Forsyth Tech to complete the degree, diploma, or certificate.

A time limit may apply for accepting advanced standing credit or for technical courses taken previously at Forsyth Tech, or other institutions. The appropriate academic division dean, in consultation with the faculty, will determine the time period in which courses previously taken can be used in the student’s current program of study.

Proficiency Exams

Students who have been approved for admission or are already enrolled in a program of study may request to take a proficiency exam for a course that has a proficiency exam available. Students must receive permission from the appropriate department chairperson to earn credit for the course by proficiency examination, and must pay the testing fee before taking the exam.

Students do not necessarily have to be registered or enrolled in a course before requesting a proficiency exam for a course that has a proficiency exam available. However, if students are enrolled in a course for which a proficiency exam is requested, the request must be made by the 10th day of class. Students who withdraw from a course after the 10th day of class in any semester and have not formally submitted a request may not earn credit for that course by proficiency exam for a period of one year. Academic advisors will certify that students have not been enrolled in the course within the past year and that the prerequisites for the course have been satisfied.

Some programs have restricted proficiency exams, and students must be admitted to that program before a request will be considered. Students may take a proficiency exam for a given course only once in a 12-month period at a non-refundable cost of $10 per exam. Guidelines on how to apply for a proficiency exam can be obtained from the office of the appropriate division dean, Student Success Center or the Records Office. Students who successfully pass a proficiency exam will be given a grade of CR (credit granted or passed proficiency) and hours earned will be granted but will not affect their grade point average (GPA). Students should also note that proficiency exam credits are for internal use only and generally will not transfer to another college.

Cooperative Education Program

Cooperative Education offers students a learning opportunity while gaining valuable work experience in a field of study. Students will earn college credit while mastering new skills in a supervised environment.

The Cooperative Education program at Forsyth Tech prepares students for successful employment. To learn more about cooperative education, students should visit the Cooperative Education page on Techlink (under Academics) or contact their academic advisor or the Cooperative Education Office at 336.757.3269 (e-mail bagnello@

Developmental Education Program

This program offers a series of courses for preparation, skill development and academic guidance to students who, for a variety of reasons, need additional courses because they do not meet the specific academic competencies for the program of their choice. Students’ academic study programs are individually designed to meet students’ specific needs. The program provides students with an opportunity to build academic skills and acquire the background that should facilitate success in their desired program.

These developmental courses are prerequisites to required program courses. Students must receive a grade of C or better in each assigned developmental class in order to progress to the next level. Developmental education courses do not meet graduation requirements. See the Developmental Education Program section of this catalog.

Distance Learning

Distance learning courses offer students an alternative to traditional classroom instruction. The courses deliver instructional content to learners across distance and time through the use of technology.
Various program courses are delivered by the following means:

  • Interactive Televideo – Courses are taught via videoconferencing utilizing the Main Campus, Grady Swisher Center and/or the Mazie Woodruff Center.
  • Interactive Webconference – Courses are taught using audio headsets and webcams via a web browser. Students can attend these courses from any location equipped with high speed internet access and do not attend classes on campus.
  • Online – Courses are Web based via the internet. Students do not attend classes on campus.
  • Hybrid – Courses are partially via the internet and partially on campus.

Credit courses using these delivery technologies offer educational opportunities to Forsyth Tech students who are balancing jobs, family, and personal and professional situations. Distance learning courses offer convenience and flexibility while providing quality instruction and interaction. Support services are available to distance learning students to assist them with academic and support needs. These include electronic access to the reference desk in the library, online access to the library’s catalog, e-mail access to staff members in Student Services, as well as information about student services and the application, Transcript Request Form, disability services, and career development and educational planning information and resources on the Web site. E-mail sent to puts students in touch with information about distance learning at Forsyth Tech. Other resources are provided on campus by Student Services and the Learning Center.

Distance learning courses are demanding and require students to be highly-motivated, independent learners. Students must have college-level reading and writing abilities, as well as strong time management skills. Successful distance learning students must also be able to manage the technology used to deliver instructional materials. Attendance at a distance learning orientation is required of all distance learning students.

Independent Study

Independent study provides an alternative for a student to earn credit for certain required courses. It should be used only when it has been determined that it would create an unreasonable hardship for the student to wait for the course to be available. Guidelines to be used are:

  • To be considered for independent study, students must file a Request for Independent Study Form with their academic advisor, who will review the request and forward it with suggestions to the division dean for final action. The form should be completed during registration, and the student must register for the course during the registration period.
  • Acceptable reasons for allowing a student to take an independent study: (a) one-time course sequencing difficulties, (b) scheduling problems that were no fault of the student and/or (c) needing the course for graduation at the end of the semester.
  • Students will not be approved for independent study if their cumulative grade point average (GPA) is less than 2.0 or if they have failed or withdrawn while failing from the course in question.
  • Students may be limited in the number of independent study courses taken to complete degree requirements. Exceptions require special approval from the division dean.
  • All independent studies must be taught by a full-time instructor.

Clinical Experience in Health Programs

Clinical hours in any of the health programs may be scheduled during any part of the 24-hour day, seven days a week.

  • Students will be informed in writing no later than the second class meeting when a clinical course has special attendance requirements.
  • In order to pass clinical courses, students must pass all critical requirements for the course.
  • Required uniforms must fit neatly in order for students to meet the dress code of both Forsyth Tech and the clinical facilities.
  • Certain areas (operating room, obstetrics, isolation rooms, etc.) in the hospitals require special hospital garments. To control infection, hospital policy requires that only those garments supplied by the hospital be used. Students who are unable to wear and be covered by these garments will not be allowed to go into those clinical areas, which may jeopardize their ability to complete the program.
  • Failure to meet any dress requirements may jeopardize students’ ability to continue in a program.

Grading System

The grading system found listed below is used for all credit classes at Forsyth Tech. Exceptions must be approved by the appropriate deans and students must be informed in writing in the course syllabus.

Number Grade Letter
Description Quality Points
per Grade Hr.
94-100 A Excellent 4
86-93 B Good 3
78-85 C Fair 2
70-77 D Passing 1
Below 70 F Failing 0
Satisfactory S Passing 0
Unsatisfactory U Failing 0
Withdrawal W    
Withdrawal Passing WP    
Withdrawal Failing WF    
Incomplete I    
Audit AU    
Course Transferred TR    
Credit Granted or
Passed Proficiency
Grades A, B, C, D, F, and WF* compute in grade point average (GPA).
*“WF” is computed as an “F” in the grade point average.
Grades W, WP, I, S, AU, U, TR, and CR do not compute in GPAs.

W - A withdrawal is the grade given to students who officially withdraw from a course up to the 50 percent point of the course.

WP/WF - A withdrawal passing/withdrawal failing is the grade given to students who officially withdraw from a class at any time after the 50 percent point of the course.

A grade of WF may be given at any time to a student if failure is a result of a violation of the code of conduct.

The grade of WF computes as a grade of F.

I - The grade of incomplete is given only if students have valid reasons for failure to complete the work on schedule and have completed at least 50 percent of the course requirements. Illness, absence on company business or circumstances beyond students’ control are considered valid reasons for a grade of incomplete. Students must have advised the instructor of the circumstance before the end of the semester to be granted an incomplete. The instructor must have specified the work to be made up in order to remove the incomplete and a date within the following semester by which the work must be completed. This will be detailed on the incomplete form, which must be attached to the attendance form. If the conditions necessary to remove the incomplete will require additional hours of instruction, students must register for the course again. If students need only to complete work without instructional supervision, this work must be completed no later than the end of the following semester.

Students who receive a grade of incomplete on a course that is a prerequisite for a higher-level course must make up the incomplete work by the end of the drop/add period in order to be allowed to register for the higher-level course.

If the grade of incomplete is not removed by the end of the semester immediately following the semester it was given, it will remain permanently recorded.

AU - Students auditing courses are not required to take examinations or submit written work but may do so if they wish. No grade or credit toward a degree or diploma is given. An audit may not be changed to credit or credit changed to audit after the 10 percent point of the semester or the 10 percent point of the class when the class does not begin within the first five days of the semester.

Normal attendance policies will apply. Audit students are expected to do assigned reading and participate in classroom activities. Students withdrawing during the semester will be given the grade of W. The Audit Request Form is available in the Records Office or from the appropriate division dean. It must be submitted to the Records Office for processing by the 10 percent point of the class.

Grade Point Average (GPA)

Academic progress at Forsyth Tech is based on a 4.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) system. A final GPA of 2.0 is required for graduation from all programs of study. Students accumulate grade points based on grades earned per semester. The GPA is determined by dividing grade points earned in courses by the number of semester credit hours attempted. The last grade earned in a course will be used to calculate GPA. Grades of withdrawal (W), withdrawal passing (WP), Audit (AU) or incomplete (I) will be considered as repeat grades but will not be considered as the last grade earned in calculating GPA.

Academic Forgiveness Policy

Academic Forgiveness may help those students whose past performance has prevented them from graduating, if their grade point average has improved to a 2.00 or above in recent years, by excluding previously earned grades of F or WF from the student’s GPA. In order to apply for academic forgiveness, the student will initiate the process by completing an application for Academic Forgiveness form (available from the Records Office) in a meeting with a Forsyth Tech counselor or advisor. The counselor or advisor will discuss the ramifications and alternatives of academic forgiveness with the student. (In some cases, the student may be better served by utilizing the College’s individual course repeat policy to retake a previously failed course or for a higher grade, rather than invoking the overall academic forgiveness policy.) After going over the application process with the counselor or advisor, the student will sign the form to indicate understanding of the policy and process. If the student then wishes to carry the request forward, the student will meet with the dean of Enrollment and Student Services for a second review and discussion of the application and its impact. Upon approval by the dean, the application will be forwarded to the director of Records to verify that the criteria have been met; after verifying that all the conditions for applying the academic forgiveness policy to the student’s record have been satisfied, the Records Office will update the student’s transcript to reflect the recalculated GPA based on academic forgiveness of prior F and/or WF grades.

Conditions for the application of the academic forgiveness policy:

  1. A minimum of three years must have elapsed between the poor academic performance and the academic forgiveness request. The student may continue to be enrolled during that three-year period at Forsyth Tech or at another institution.
  2. Only grades of F or WF are eligible for academic forgiveness.
  3. Before applying for academic forgiveness, the student must have successfully completed at least 9 credit hours at Forsyth Tech with a C grade or higher, and the cumulative GPA of those 9 credits (or more) must be 2.00 or higher since the period of poor academic performance.
  4. If approved, the classes forgiven will remain on the transcript with the original grade and a notation indicating that academic forgiveness has been applied to them. The forgiven classes remain on the permanent record but will be excluded from the Forsyth Tech GPA calculation.
  5. Once granted, academic forgiveness is not reversible.
  6. Academic forgiveness may be granted only once.
  7. Classes removed from the GPA calculation under academic forgiveness will still count towards attempted classes for financial aid purposes.
  8. Other institutions will use their own policies for reviewing the student’s transcript and calculating the student’s GPA for admissions purposes; their policies may not acknowledge the application of another institution’s academic forgiveness policy to course grades and GPA calculation.

Academic Recognition

Graduation Honors and Awards

Graduates in programs leading to a degree or diploma qualify for academic recognition at graduation. Students earning a cumulative GPA of 3.50 to 4.00 in their program will be granted a degree or diploma with high honors. Students earning a cumulative GPA of 3.00 to 3.499 in their program will be granted a degree or diploma with honors.

Honor Society - Phi Theta Kappa (PTK)

Phi Theta Kappa is the international honor society of two-year colleges. The purpose of the society is to recognize academic excellence among two-year college students, provide opportunities for leadership training, provide an intellectual climate for the interchange of ideas and ideals and instill in students the desire for continued education. In order to qualify for membership, students must have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5 or better and have earned at least 18 and no more than 48 hours of credit and enrolled in an associate degree program. Current members must maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0 to remain in good standing.

Semester Honors

Credit students who earn a grade point average (GPA) of 3.50 to 3.999 for the semester are named to the Dean’s List for the semester. Credit students with a GPA of 4.0 are named to the President’s List for the semester. To be eligible for these honors, students:

  1. Must be approved and enrolled in a program. (This excludes students in special credit and certificate programs.)
  2. Must earn their GPA on a minimum of 9 credit hours of credit courses.
  3. Must have completed all course work for the semester. Students with grades of incomplete (I) will not be eligible.


Commencement is held at the end of spring semester on the date published in the academic calendar. Degrees, diplomas and certificates are awarded at this time. Students must notify the director of Records/Registrar of their intention to participate in the exercises when they submit their Intent to Graduate Form at the time of their last semester registration.

Commencement Marshals

Marshals are selected from students in degree programs who have maintained the highest scholastic averages. The marshal who has the highest academic average is named chief marshal.

School Rings

Students in good standing who have completed at least one-half of the credit hours required for graduation in their program may order a school ring. Students are required to pay a deposit at the time the ring is ordered, with the balance due upon delivery. Rings may be ordered in the Forsyth Tech Bookstore (lower level), Technology and Student Services Building, Main Campus, during the annual Graduate Fair, and at other student events as announced and via the bookstore’s Techlink page.


Forsyth Tech regards class lectures, demonstrations and other in-class experiences as vital ingredients of the educational process. For this reason, students are expected to attend and arrive on time to all class, laboratory, shop, practicum, cooperative education work sites and clinical experience sessions. Students are responsible for accounting to their instructors for any absence and should report to their instructors following any absence to determine if and when work may be made up. Habitual tardiness may, at the discretion of the instructor, be considered in computing attendance.

Students must satisfy the instructor that they should be permitted to remain in a course and attend classes after incurring absences in excess of the following:

  1. five hours of class,
  2. three practicum (shop, laboratory or clinical experience) sessions that meet for two or more hours or
  3. three hours of class and one practicum (shop, laboratory or clinical experience) session that meets for two or more hours.

When students are absent from a class and a practicum (shop, laboratory, clinical experience) session that meets consecutively, each session missed will be counted as an absence.

Special attendance rules, different from those listed above, must be noted in the instructor’s attendance policy included on the course syllabus. Students with questions or concerns should consult with their instructor.

School Closing Due To Inclement Weather

The decision to cancel all or any portion of college classes during inclement weather is the responsibility of the president or designated representative. A communication system has been established to inform faculty, staff, students, and all local news media when the decision is made to close the College (approved by the Board of Trustees on February 18, 2010).

The guidelines listed below will be followed when classes are canceled due to inclement weather. All faculty and students may call the school or listen to radio announcements. When there is no announcement, there will be school.

When the decision is made to cancel day classes, it will be announced through the news media prior to 6:15 a.m. The decision to cancel day classes will be on a day-by-day basis and will apply to all day classes offered by the College regardless of location.

When classes are canceled, only personnel required to deal with inclement weather will be required to be at the College. Any compensatory time will be determined by the appropriate administrator. All other full-time personnel will not be required to be at the College.

In accordance with current North Carolina Community College System guidelines, all part-time personnel will either 1) make-up the time/class missed for inclement weather and document the made-up time or 2) be docked for the period of time missed due to the College closing. The College reserves the right to schedule make-up classes based on the availability of make-up days. The appropriate administrator will make the final decision regarding time to be made-up.

A decision to cancel evening classes may be made at the same time as the cancellation of day classes or at any time prior to 5 p.m. of that day. This decision will apply to all evening classes regardless of location.

Early dismissal of day classes because of inclement weather is the responsibility of the president or designated representative. All classes and offices will be notified when this decision is made.

Early dismissal of evening and weekend classes because of inclement weather is the responsibility of the president or designated representative. All locations and classes will be notified when this decision is made.

When inclement weather develops, faculty and students should NOT call the administrative staff or radio and television stations. This only delays communications and creates extra telephone problems. A message regarding closing for both faculty and students will be on the Forsyth Tech telephone message system by 6:30 a.m., posted on the College Web site, Techlink, and through TechAlert.

When a class is missed due to inclement weather, or other reasons approved by the appropriate dean, the instructor must assign an alternate instructional activity to include extra class sessions, extended class sessions or other options. This activity is to be documented on the Alternative Instructional Activities for Missed Classes Form. The form is due to the dean within five (5) working days after the class is missed.


Academic Appeals

Academic Dishonesty, Cheating, and Related Offenses (Rule 9 of the Student Code of Conduct)

The appeal process for a violation of Rule 9 of the Student Code of Conduct begins when the student is notified of the violation by the instructor. The student must meet with the instructor at the time of the notification or before the next class meeting regarding the charge. At the discretion of the instructor, the student may be withdrawn from the course and receive a WF grade.

If the student wishes to continue the appeal, he/she must notify the department chair (within two workdays) and arrange a conference. The student must provide the department chair with a letter of appeal at the time of the conference. The letter of appeal must include:

  1. Date, student’s name, signature, telephone number, and official student e-mail address.
  2. Course number, sections number, and instructor’s name.
  3. Brief factual explanation of why the student feels that the charge is incorrect.
  4. Provide any supporting documentation.

After conferencing with the department chair, if the issue is still not resolved, the student will notify the dean in writing (within one workday of the conference) and request a hearing before the divisional academic appeals committee. The department chair will forward the letter of appeal and supporting documentation to the dean. The dean will convene a committee (within two workdays) to hear the appeal. This committee will hear the appeal and make a final decision (within one workday) which will be reported to the dean. Within 24 hours, the dean will notify the student (by phone and student e-mail account), the instructor, and the department chair of the committee’s decision. The decision of the committee is final.

Grade Appeal

Any appeal of a course grade should begin with a scheduled conference between student and instructor by the first day of a new semester. If the appeal is not resolved at this level, the student should contact and arrange for a conference with the appropriate department chair. The student has the responsibility of providing the department chair with a written letter of appeal by the third class day of the new semester in order for the appeal to be considered. The letter of appeal must include:

  1. Date, student’s name, signature and telephone number.
  2. Prefix and number of course grade being appealed.
  3. Instructor’s name issuing the grade.
  4. Brief factual explanation of why the student feels the grade is incorrect.
  5. Any supporting documentation the student feels is needed to better explain student’s questions as to grade determination.

After conferencing with the department chair, if the issue is still not resolved, the student will notify the dean in writing (within two workdays of the conference) of the need for a divisional academic appeals committee. The department chair should forward the letter of appeal and supporting documentation to the dean. The dean will convene a committee (within three workdays) to hear the appeal. This committee will hear the appeal and make a final decision (within three workdays) which will be reported to the dean. Within 24 hours of receiving the information, the dean will mail the committee’s decision to the student, the instructor and the department chair. The decision of the committee is final.

Academic Standing/Probation/Dismissal

To be in good academic standing, students must have earned a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.0 in courses required in their program of study by the end of their first semester at Forsyth Tech. A cumulative GPA of 2.0 within their program of study must be maintained thereafter to remain in good standing.

Students who do not maintain the required 2.0 cumulative GPA in courses required in their program of study will be placed on academic probation for the following semester. All students who do not earn the required GPA in the next semester will have their academic records reviewed by their respective division’s academic review committee, which meets at the end of each semester. The committee may:

  • reduce the number of credit hours the student will be allowed to carry,
  • require the student to repeat courses in which a low grade was earned or
  • dismiss the student from the program.

The student will be notified in writing of the committee’s decision, and copies of the notice will be sent to the Records Office, the division dean and the student’s faculty advisor.

The following options are available to students who are dismissed from their current program of study:

  • A student who is dismissed from a program of study is encouraged to see a counselor to discuss possible educational alternatives.
  • A student who is dismissed from a program of study may be eligible to apply for and be admitted into another credit program of study offered by the College.
  • A student who is dismissed from a program of study may re-apply for admission to that program.
  • A student who has been dismissed from a program of study for academic reasons may not be eligible to continue to receive financial aid, depending upon the conditions of financial aid eligibility.

Appeals Process for Academic Standing/Probation/Dismissal

A student may appeal the decision of division academic review committees by:

  1. Submitting a written request to the appropriate division dean within 24 hours after formal notification of the committee’s decision.
  2. The dean will convene the division academic appeals committee.
  3. The division academic appeals committee will make the final decision on the matter.
  4. The dean will send written notification to the student, the department chairperson and the student’s academic advisor.

Transfer to Four-Year Colleges and Universities

The Associate in Arts (A.A.) or Associate in Science (A.S.) degrees are approved for transfer through the North Carolina Comprehensive Articulation Agreement. The college transfer program is designed to provide a quality educational experience equivalent to the first two years of a four-year college program. Students who have earned the degree of A.A. or A.S. can transfer to most North Carolina public and private four-year institutions with full junior year standing. A minimum grade of “C” in every course is required for acceptable transfer credit. For additional information, visit the University of North Carolina system Web site: The college transfer program enables students to prepare for virtually any area of major interest. Courses are offered in mathematics; composition and literature; humanities; physical education; and the social, physical, and life sciences. Counselors and academic advisors are available to assist students in planning acceptable programs for transfer to desired colleges or universities. Technical-level credit earned in the Associate in Applied Science (A.A.S.) degree programs at Forsyth Tech may be transferred to similar programs at other institutions. However, acceptability of all technical transfer credit is determined by the institution to which students wish to transfer. Diploma credit is not transferable to four-year institutions.

The College has two-plus-two A.A.S. agreements with local colleges and universities. Students should contact the Student Success Center, college transfer counselor at 336.734.7156 for information regarding these opportunities for transfer of credit to four-year institutions.